Friday, April 2, 2010

‘Paathshaala’ made Shahid Kapoor remember his fun days




Source:Spicezee Bureau, March 31, 2010, 21:27 IST


Mumbai: Sweet memories of childhood made the chocolate boy of Bollywood – Shahid Kapoor quite nostalgic as he visited a school recently in Mumbai for the promotion of his latest film, ‘Paathshaala’. Sasha went down the memory lane as he interacted with kids at Beacon High School in Khar. The actor talked about his school days, school friends, schoolteachers, and also taught the school children some cool dance moves!

On being asked about his favorite and worst subjects, Shahid quipped, “Science was my favourite but I was terrible in Math. I was never the frontbencher nor the last bencher. I was somewhere in between.” The actor further commented, “I was a very naughty child. I was an average to above average student. I was neither a brat nor a teacher`s pet. I was a bit of both. My two friends and I were called the pillars of the class because we were always punished in the class.”

Shedding light on his memorable school days, Sasha said, “Best memories are attached to my school in Delhi. We were a gang of four boys and we ruled. There was a new building coming up in the school compound and we played with mud and pebbles in that construction area all day. Also Samir, one of the guys in our gang, had a crush on this cute girl in class and the rest of us made sure no other boy could sit next to her. We were in Standard 2 during this episode.”

On being probed about his childhood sweetheart, the actor reluctantly confided that there was a sweet girl in the eighth grade and he used to go to a tuition class only because she went there. But unfortunately the girl liked some other guy.

The actor was a hit among kids as he taught them some funky cool dance steps but before leaving he said on the prevalent education system in India - “The importance given to hard work and education is very good but sometimes, it gets a bit excessive.”

No comments:

Post a Comment