Friday, May 14, 2010

No pain, no gain; aim is to become a doctor


Anu Asaithambi of DAV Higher Secondary School, Gopalapuram,
who emerged State first in the Plus- Two examination results,
celebrating her success with her parents.


Source:News Today,R G JAGADISH | Fri, 14 May, 2010,02:38 PM
Anu Asaithambi of DAV Matriculation Higher Secondary School at Gopalapuram, Chennai, emerged as the State rankholder in the non-Tamil category in the Plus-Two results announced today.

Anu had chosen Sanskrit as first language and scored double centums in Biology and Mathematics to reach 1,188 out of a total of 1,200 marks.
.

Anu’s father Asaithambi, a resident of Choolaimedu and a professor of English in Presidency College, speaking to News Today said, ‘My daughter makes me proud.


She strained every nerve to concentrate on the subjects. She wants to pursue MBBS which she had decided upon even while she was in her seventh standard.’


Asked about how she felt after the success story, Anu said, ‘The credit goes to my teachers who encouraged and motivated me, right from my days in LKG.’


‘I did well, but I did not expect this result, my family and I are in cloud nine,’ this girl who wants to be a cardiologist and serve society says.  ‘I wish to thank all my relatives and well-wishers,’ she adds.


Anu’s mother Vimala said, ‘We did not pressure our daughter. She herself shunned entertainment, for the past one year.’


Vimala works as a professor in RMK Engineering College and can there be prouder parents that Anu’s?

No comments:

Post a Comment